Saturday, January 9, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story

I have some experience as an entrepreneur through my current rental property. I currently have a property that has been rented for just over two years. It started out simple enough, with me buying a home to live in, moving out but keeping the house and converting the mortgage to an investment mortgage. I hired a low cost but effective rental property management company to handle the primary interactions with current and potential tenants, and am enjoying being a real estate investor. I'm now looking to acquire a second investment property, and ultimately plan to have enough properties in my portfolio so that I can have enough passive income to sustain myself comfortable once I retire. Each property will take about 15 years to pay off without any accelerated payments, so I should be able to retire 15 years after I get the last income property that gets me to my desired passive income amount.


I enrolled in ENT 3003 given that this class is on my current set of requirements for the business track that I'm on, which was a pleasant surprise as I'm eager to be exposed to as much in the way of entrepreneurship as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Warren,
    That is awesome that you are already making decisions and such as an entrepreneur would. I think it is a great idea to have a passive income come in from those rental properties that you plan on acquiring. I think by doing this you have really learned the value of meeting people's unmet needs and that is a great step in becoming a good entrepreneur. I also joined this class as a relief from all the traditional business classes, I think it is nice to have a class with no exams and based on making blogs. It interesting and fun. If you'd like to check out my blog here is the link: http://kevinleddysblog.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Warren,

    I think that what you're doing with the property that you own is definitely a great way of making money, and something that is very important in a college town like this. I have always considered doing something similar, so I hope that your plans work out profitably for you! I agree that it is exciting to be more exposed to the entrepreneurship world, and I cannot wait to see what we have to learn in this class. Until then, I hope your small properties are successful!

    Check out my post!
    http://wallacestage.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html

    Thanks you

    ReplyDelete